DRYER VENT CLEANING
Dryer Vent Cleaning removes lint buildup in the vent to improve its efficiency and protect your family from potentially dangerous fires.
Signs that you may need dryer vent cleaning:
• Clothing does not dry completely after a normal drying cycle
• A musty odor is noticed in the clothing following the drying cycle
• Clothing seems unusually hot to the touch after a complete drying cycle
• The dryer vent hood flap does not properly open as it is designed to do during the operation of the dryer
• More than a year has passed since the last dryer vent cleaning service
• Debris is noticed within the outside dryer vent opening
• Drying time for clothing takes longer than 35 to 40 minutes in duration
• Excessive heat is noticed within the room in which the dryer is being operated
• Large amounts of lint accumulate in the lint trap for the dryer during operation
• A visible sign of lint and debris is noticed around the lint filter for the dryer
• Excessive odor is noticed from dryer sheets that are used during the drying cycle
Norwood Window Cleaning provides a free consultation. The dryer vent cleaning process includes cleaning the vent through the dryer, duct connected from dryer to wall, making sure there is no disconnection or obstructions, cleaning the lint trap and making sure the ducting is completely and thoroughly cleaned. Cleaning the dryer vent can usually take up to 30 minutes to an hour depending how bad it may be.